Wednesday 5 June 2019

Rain

Hi everyone. I guess this is my first post this year despite promises that I made. It has been a beautiful year till now (maybe, I could tell you about it in another post...yippeee content :P). So another poem, this is special because I wrote it when I was pretty young and I am publishing it as it is. 


Pelting on the windows
Hurrying down the rainbows
Walking through the roads
Flowing through the ponds

Guess who am I?
Rain!
Of course!
What? Rain?
Yes, I am rain.
The humble rain
Flowing right through the drain
Sweeping thy foot as I move
As thou shall not complain about me
I bring life, I bring joy
I bring happiness
To whomever I touch
I bring coldness, I bring memories
I bring calmness
To whomever agitated
I start as a drop
I end up in the mighty ocean
I change my form every now and then
Be careful!
I might hurt thou
Falling as snow
Be alert!
I might kill thou
Letting myself to breed for mosquitoes
Ruling in my waters
Wherever I lie
I run over hills
I flow with the gills
I fly with wings
I walk with legs
Fascinating, am I?
But, today I’m ugly
I am not water
Just a stupid acid
As humans call it
Not more can I say
I am choked
With stuffs I have rarely seen
Forced to kill people am I
It’s their fault, not mine right am I?
I am not pure
Neither good, but rather sick
I am not what I used to be
But I still follow
The rules of my mother
Mother earth, suffering more than me
But I still flow
Pelt and walk along thy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment