Sunday 12 August 2018

A Woman


I know I have been away for quite a time, Every time I promise to come here more often, but you know the rest. Sorry guys, I got caught up in a few personal stuff. Here is another poem for you.

A Woman

I made a huge mistake
As I came into this world
I was a girl, and not a human.
I was born to give birth
And not to live my life
The way I want, to fulfill wishes
Not mine, but my mother’s,
Father’s, husband’s later on,
And then my children’s.
Nobody cared for a thank you, nor for a please
It was as if I was born to work
To work forever without a salary
To work day and night, without complaining
To work all along, without love
To work selflessly,
And above all to be tortured
At every moment, by complaints
That never cease.
They complain about everything,
From the food I cook, to the clothes I wash
From the shoes I polish, to the cutlery I shine
Don’t I too have a life?
Being stalked every day,
Can’t even stand in front of my house
In the fear of eyes, someone’s.
Looking right through me
As if I murdered someone
I too am a human
I too want to live
Will I ever get freedom?
The answer is up to you
Maybe not me but my daughters must get.
It’s up to you. Answer me.
Will I get freedom from all this?

No comments:

Post a Comment